PSMS June Minutes
PSMS - Philadelphia Ship Model Society Submitted: John Bullock: Secretary
June 1st, 2017 minutes
Jim Wheeler, president brought meeting 840 to order at 7:20 pm
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Sick bay report: Spence Devlin had a dual knee operation and is doing well.
C. Guest speaker: Ian Petrie
Subject : "Sailing the British Empire: The Voyages of the Clarence, 1858-73"
Background : Story was told from several Ships Logs
E. Show and Tell: ( pictures below )
1. Joe Jordan – Midwest Sailboat 1/24th scale
2. Tom McEllenney – Model of Alice 1913
3. Mike Weaver – USS Olympia Revell Kit 1/225 Scale
4. Francine Serratore : USS Philadelphia scratch built 1/96 scale / radio controlled ship.
5. Ed Leaf USS Mianteno 1/16th Scale scratch built
6. Jim Nutt 18th Century Longboat, 1/8th scale Model Shipways kit.
7. Craig Bennet. :HMS Campbeltown 1/400th scale
8. Mike Zimmerman USS Texas 1/700th scale Samek Kit
9. Ron Spicer 18th Century Loagboat 1/4th scale Model Shipways
E. Secretary minutes for 5/6/17 submitted and accepted
F. Financial report for May was submitted and accepted
G. Old Business
Shack volunteers needed Joe Jordan requested help
Pennsville Farm Day, June 3rd, 11:00 to 3:00. Please be there to setup by 9:00am, 86 Church Landing Rd.
Picnic will be at Jim Nutt’s farm on August 12th. Please respond to email asking if participating. Jim W and Nancy will work on Needs for party
Camp Englewood - Elkins Park - perfect spot for radio control / ship sailing, Tom to setup initial outing in near future.
Joe Jordan informed us that the Independence Seaport Museum lost the Navy Yard storage space. No one offered to take islands or anything. We will move stanchions and bottles to storage room and the rest will be disposed of.
Meeting closed 9:50
v/r Jim Wheeler